You are hereRadiology Guidelines
This page has been reviewed and updated 11/7/2015
ACR Coding Source Coding information from The American College of Radiology (ACR).
Diagnostic Services Documentation Guidelines - from WPS (Indiana and Michigan Providers)
Internet Only Manuals for Radiology from CMS regarding CPT and ICD-9 coding, physicians' orders and billing.
Nomenclature and Classification of Lumbar Disc Pathology - Terminology, definitions and ICD-9 Codes of Lumbar disc diseases (AskLeslie.net highly recommends. This may be outdated now in terms of ICD-9 codes, but the conditions haven't changed.
Practice Parameters from American College of Radiology (ACR) with Guidelines and Standards, Documentation Guidelines and more for General Diagnostic Radiology.
Revised and Clarified Place of Service (POS) Coding Instructions - From CMS, Effective 12/14/2012, revised in 4/1/2013. See page 13 for specific instructions and scenarios for how to bill and assign a place of service for certain types of encounter.
Signature Requirements for Diagnostics from Noridian
Transmittal 80 from CMS regarding Physicians Orders and chart documentation for outpatient facilities.
Medical Coding News
- MIPS Reporting: MACRA Final Rule Lists Available Quality Measures for MIPS reporting
- Reimbursement, Billing in Radiology: Updates and Issues
- The Evolution of the International Classification of Disease
- Coding for Clarity: Echocardiography Gains Two New CPT Add-On Codes
- Healthcare Reform Can Create Confusion Over Compliance for Providers